School Plans that Correspond with Louisiana Phases
- All students will participate in Distance Learning unless otherwise notified. More detailed information will be provided if the state moves to Phase 1.
- Students in Pre-K through grade 6 will follow a traditional schedule.
- These students will be present in school buildings five (5) days per week.
- Students in grades 7-12 will follow a hybrid schedule consisting of both on-campus learning and Distance Learning.
- Students will be split into two groups and physically attend school two days per week.
- Group A will be on campus Monday and Tuesday. Group B will be on campus Thursday and Friday.
- All students will participate in required Distance Learning activities on days they are not physically present at school.
- More details will be released regarding the hybrid schedule soon.
- Students in grades 7 and 8 will move to a traditional schedule on campus. All other aspects of Phase 3 are the same as Phase 2
Virtual Program Options
- Full virtual options are available for children in Kindergarten through grade 12. For more information, please go to: virtualacademy.centralcss.org
- Important information regarding Virtual options:
- A high-quality curriculum will be utilized.
- Students will be provided a laptop for use in the Virtual Program.
- Students must have access to a reliable internet connection in their home.
- Students must commit to the Virtual Program for a complete semester.
Preparing for a Safe Start
- We will have protocols in place to address preventive measures indicated by the Department of Health.
- Students and staff members' temperature will be checked daily.
- Social distancing protocols will be in place to the greatest extent possible.
- Hand washing protocols will be followed.
- Face coverings for students in grades 3-12 are strongly recommended to the greatest extent possible.
CCSS Information Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
CCSS understands this is an evolving situation, and we will continue to update this page as more information becomes available.
As many of you know, we began our meal service in conjunction with Three O’clock Project today. We had an overwhelming turnout and ran out of food about halfway through the cars at CIS.
The 3 O’clock Project assures me that they will double their amount of lunches for tomorrow. We are making a few tweaks to the schedule as well. We will be at GSBC from 10-10:45, at CIS from 11-11:45, at Central Sportsplex off Lovett Road from 12:00 - 12:30, and at Pearl Nail & Spa at 12:40. Please visit our website, the SchoolInfo app, or our Facebook page for the updated schedule.
We are excited that we had so many take advantage of this lunch opportunity. Please come back on Tuesday. We should have this running very smoothly in a few days.
The schedule and menu can be accessed here.
Check out this update from our superintendent!
Due to Governor Edwards’ executive order, all schools and the district office in the Central Community School System will be closed beginning Monday, March 16th until Monday, April 13th. During this time, all school-related functions have been canceled. We’ve been preparing for this eventuality for a number of days. We have a strong plan in place and will share those details early next week, along with answering questions around the school calendar and other items. Please continue to check this page for updates and information during this time.
- COVID19 General Information
- Available 8:00 A.M.- 4:30 P.M.
- Where do I go for official messages from CCSS?
- What changes will be made to the school calendar?
- Will CCSS provide meals?
- What if my student has medication at the school?
- Will we still have spring break?
- How will this affect Ring Ceremony, Prom, and Graduation?
CCSS administration is evaluating the situation, reviewing the Governor’s proclamation, and working with BESE to make the best decisions for our district. We are waiting on further guidance from the Louisiana Department of Education on the potential impacts to our school calendar. We will continue to provide updates through JCampus phone calls, as well as the district app, website, and social media channels.
The Central High School ring ceremony will be postponed from the original March 22, 2020 date. We will announce a new date in the future.
We will still plan for the original prom date of April 25, 2020. If the location or date for prom must change, we will announce those changes as information becomes available.
Graduation is still scheduled for May 19, 2020. If the location or date for graduation must change, we will announce those changes as information becomes available. We will be working with the Louisiana Department of Education to ensure this disruption does not impact the graduation of our seniors.
- CCSS Pupil Progression Plan Addendum
- Information for Central Community School System Families
- CCSS Frequently Asked Questions
- State of Louisiana Proclamation