School Plans that Correspond with Louisiana Phases
- All students will participate in Distance Learning unless otherwise notified. More detailed information will be provided if the state moves to Phase 1.
- Students in Pre-K through grade 6 will follow a traditional schedule.
- These students will be present in school buildings five (5) days per week.
- Students in grades 7-12 will follow a hybrid schedule consisting of both on-campus learning and Distance Learning.
- Students will be split into two groups and physically attend school two days per week.
- Group A will be on campus Monday and Tuesday. Group B will be on campus Thursday and Friday.
- All students will participate in required Distance Learning activities on days they are not physically present at school.
- More details will be released regarding the hybrid schedule soon.
- Students in grades 7 and 8 will move to a traditional schedule on campus. All other aspects of Phase 3 are the same as Phase 2
Virtual Program Options
- Full virtual options are available for children in Kindergarten through grade 12. For more information, please go to: virtualacademy.centralcss.org
- Important information regarding Virtual options:
- A high-quality curriculum will be utilized.
- Students will be provided a laptop for use in the Virtual Program.
- Students must have access to a reliable internet connection in their home.
- Students must commit to the Virtual Program for a complete semester.
Preparing for a Safe Start
- We will have protocols in place to address preventive measures indicated by the Department of Health.
- Students and staff members' temperature will be checked daily.
- Social distancing protocols will be in place to the greatest extent possible.
- Hand washing protocols will be followed.
- Face coverings for students in grades 3-12 are strongly recommended to the greatest extent possible.
CCSS 20-21 Current Reopening Plan
We have attempted to answer many of your questions in this Frequently Asked Questions document. This is an evolving situation, and we will continue to update this document and the "FAQ" tab at centralcss.org/covid19 as more information becomes available.
Due to Governor Edwards’ executive order, all schools and the district office in the Central Community School System will be closed beginning Monday, March 16th until Monday, April 13th. During this time, all school-related functions have been canceled.